Control Room & Offshore Engineer
You lead by example and promote an inclusive safety culture in all phases of (contractor) maintenance works. You prepare all maintenance activities, make a clear schedule and ensure priorities are set. In the control room, you perform real-time follow-up of all assets and communicate in first line with key stakeholders/customers and TSO. evaluate maintenance and repair requests and monitor on corrective maintenance actions.
Together with your colleagues, all maintenance activities will be prepared and planned while maximizing the availability of the wind turbines. You ensure execution of repair/maintenance work within the defined timeframe and budget. Periodically you will be on-call for operational communication outside of normal office hours and remote assistance in case of operational issues in the windfarm.
You provide troubleshooting support offshore and are responsible to perform regular (visual) inspections on the offshore substation. In addition, onshore and offshore quality control of service providers and review of the execution of the works is part of your responsibilities. In case of equipment failure or unexpected downtime, you support the root cause analysis and swift resolution of the problem. You keep O&M procedures up to date (in accordance with applicable quality & HSE) and provide/check all permit to work. You report directly to the O&M manager.
Your profile and skills
- You have a technical background (bachelor’s degree) or equivalent with experience of working in an industrial setting, ideally with a high voltage systems focus
- You are willing to work in a stand-by guard system (including weekend work) and to work offshore (vessel transportation, boat landing, platform climbing, …)
- You are organized and have excellent communication skills
- You have a strong safety awareness and are a role-model towards third parties
- You are stress-resilient and able to cope efficiently with emergency situations
- You are perfectly bilingual Dutch-English
- You show interest in the offshore wind energy sector and its technical specifications
- Previous experience in a control room environment, knowledge of permit to work systems or offshore wind servicing experience would be beneficial
- A challenging & dynamic working environment in the Offshore wind energy business with a daily fresh breath of sea breeze
- A motivating salary package in line with your experience and responsibilities
- Use of business laptop and mobile phone
- A group & hospitalization insurance package
- All required GWO training
Apply now and send your CV to HR@otary.be.