As a data scientist you are responsible for developing advanced data models and performing high-quality data analyses. You take into account all facets of our business, with the aim of formulating results-oriented, innovative and useful recommendations that enable us to make strategic decisions.
- You will work with large amounts of high-frequency data (including SCADA data) generated by our offshore wind farms.
- You are responsible for the overall data processing, preparing and integrating large and diverse datasets. You use your knowledge to collect critical data. You manage our data warehouse and together with external partners you solve irregularities by collecting, structuring, storing and reporting the necessary data.
- You recognize opportunities for our company and can determine the right priorities from this. You participate in technical discussions and manage data exchanges with external parties to solve specific cases.
- You have a great understanding of data analysis and machine learning models with a view to optimal decision-making. You use your knowledge and experience to design models, algorithms and optimizations as "proof of concept" and you guide them further until implementation. You optimize data visualization and set up standardized reports, using the appropriate analysis techniques and tools.
- You work in a dynamic organization and you know how to convert data into useful information. You are the creative "wind" within the Asset Management Team and promote the agile skills to design advanced data-driven solutions within the fast-growing offshore energy sector.
You are the perfect candidate for us if:
- You preferably have a Master's degree in ICT, mathematics or statistics or equivalent through experience
- You have gained a first experience within the fascinating world of machine learning and are familiar with different techniques
- You can spot opportunities and select the right algorithm for specific problems
- You can program in Python, you have knowledge of data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Grafana) and you can also talk a bit about big data warehouses (OpenTSDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- You have basic knowledge of virtualization software (docker) and APIs (REST)
- You have a critical attitude and can easily explain complex systems
- You are highly efficient and have excellent analytical skills
- You are stress resistant with a hands-on mentality and are able to think multifunctionally
- You communicate fluently in both English and Dutch
- You are fascinated by the offshore wind energy sector including its technical challenges
We offer you:
- A challenging & dynamic working environment in the offshore wind energy sector with a daily dose of fresh sea air
- An innovative vibe (feel welcome in our VR room, meet our digital twin, immediate onboarding on the Machine Learning journey)
- A motivating salary package in line with your experience and responsibilities
- A laptop and smartphone for business use
- Group and hospitalization insurance
- Meal vouchers
- A company car also for private use
- Opportunity for further development in line with the job
Are you interested in this vacancy?
Send your application to: email@example.com