As a data scientist you develop advanced data models and perform high-quality data analysis for all aspects of our business in order to discover insights, drive outcomes, innovation and actionable recommendations to enable us to take strategic decisions
Our offshore windfarms generate significant amounts of SCADA and asset related high-frequency data, which are used to optimize our asset operations. You are responsible for overall data processing and analysis within the organization. You integrate and prepare large, varied datasets and apply the appropriate analysis technologies and tools to address business needs. You manage our data warehouses and solve inconsistencies in the data gathering, structuring, storing and reporting.
You use data analytics and machine learning models to solve business problems and provide insights in critical data to improve decision-making. You are involved in technical discussions and manage data exchange with third party providers to solve specific use cases. You will work in a dynamic organization to turn data into actionable information. You use your knowledge and experience to design models, algorithms and optimizations as proof of concept and guide implementation of software in our organization.
As a member of the asset management team you bring creativity and agile skills to design state of the art data-driven solutions to business problems within the fast-evolving offshore energy industry. You assist to optimize the data visualisation and set-up of standardized reporting.
We have a match if
- You have preferably a Master of Science with a passion for data, machine learning, applied statistics and mathematics. A Master of Science in Computer Science Engineering is a plus
- You have advanced knowledge of or interest in big data technologies, data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Grafana), big data frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, Hive), big data warehouses (OpenTSDB, InfluxDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and high-level programming skills (R, Python, SQL)
- You are familiar with machine learning techniques and can select the right algorithm for the specific business problem
- You have basic knowledge of virtualization software (docker) and API’s (REST)
- You have a critical mindset and can explain complex systems in simple terms
- You are highly efficient and have excellent analytical skills
- You are stress-resilient, hands-on and able to think cross functional
- You are perfectly bilingual Dutch-English
- You show interest in the offshore wind energy sector including its technical challenges
We offer you
- A challenging & dynamic working environment in the Offshore wind energy business with a daily fresh breath of sea breeze
- An innovative vibe (getting settled in our VR space, meet our digital twins, immediate on-boarding on our Machine Learning journey)
- A motivating salary package in line with your experience and responsibilities
- Use of business laptop and mobile phone
- A group & hospitalization insurance package
- Meal vouchers
- A company car with private use
- On-the-job development opportunities
Interested in this vacancy?
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org