As a data engineer, you will be responsible for validating, improving and structuring data quality to apply data analytics and machine learning models. You will work closely with our data scientist and asset management team on data cases in Offshore Wind.
You will be responsible for the complete processing of data generated by our offshore wind farms, setting up data pipelines to automate data flows between different sources (datalake, data warehouse, APIs,...). With your critical eye you detect irregularities, report them, and look for solutions and optimizations.
Together with your colleagues you build dashboards and integrations that enable data-driven policy and management. You provide support in setting up and maintaining dashboards and ensure that they are used correctly & sufficiently in the organization. You provide training where needed.
You will help build and improve a data quality and data culture throughout our organization. In doing so, you actively participate in finding ways to improve and automate our work processes related to data.
You have a social attitude and challenge the business where necessary to do certain aspects differently by, for example, optimizing process flows or the use of certain reporting. From your understanding of the business needs, you deliver the necessary data products.
Your data products can be smoothly used for daily analysis, business insights and data science.
You are challenged to make a significant progress in standardized reporting, using appropriate analysis techniques and tools.
You are the perfect candidate for us if:
- You have excellent OO programming skills (Python, PyTest, GIT, CI/CD...).
- You have good knowledge of data warehouses (OpenTSDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Grafana). Data warehouse concepts and BI tools are not foreign to you.
- You have at least 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience as a data engineer and preferably hold a Master's degree or equivalent through experience.
- You have experience with APIs (REST)
- You have a critical attitude and can easily explain complex systems
- You are problem-solving, efficient and demonstrate excellent analytical skills
- You are stress resistant with a hands-on mentality and able to think multifunctional
- You are fluent in both English and Dutch
- You have a healthy interest in data analysis and are energized by data engineering
You have a plus if:
- You are fascinated by the offshore wind energy sector including its technical challenges
- You have knowledge of virtualization software (Docker)
We offer you:
- A challenging & dynamic working environment in the offshore wind energy sector with a daily dose of fresh sea air in an office with a view of the sea
- An innovative vibe (feel welcome in our VR room, meet our digital twin, immediate onboarding on the Machine Learning journey)
- A growing and knowledge-driven organization where respect, positivity, quality and leadership are our characteristic values.
- A motivating salary package (including green company car) in line with your experience and responsibilities and the possibility to work from home.
- Opportunity for further development in line with the job
Are you interested in this vacancy?
Send your application to: email@example.com