You will become part of a small, agile and innovative company at the forefront of offshore wind development in Belgium, driving the development of sustainable energy to create a greener future and making a significant impact in the transition to renewable energy.
Otary is a partnership of eight Belgian renewable energy companies. As a Belgian pioneer we develop, finance, build and manage offshore wind farms, with a strong focus on innovation. Otary is responsible for Rentel & SeaMade which are both fully operational and good for a total capacity of around 800 MW and is actively working on a new 3.5 GW development zone in the Belgian North Sea.
To strengthen our team in Ostend, we are looking for a:
Business Support Engineer
with a broad interest, strong analytical skills, and drive for innovation
As Business Support Engineer, you will be working in the Business Support Team, in a very versatile role supporting both the operation & maintenance of our existing assets, as well as the development of new projects & innovations.
You will be responsible for a variety of tasks, collaborating with various teams and stakeholders. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Find new improvement opportunities by analyzing business processes, information and by listening to the business needs
- Remain up to date with new technologies, evolutions and innovation opportunities and share market intelligence within Otary
- Perform detailed data analyses (both post-calculations as well as predictions) to give internal stakeholders and management insight into asset performance and to facilitate decision making
- Reporting for internal and external approval purposes
- Development of a procurement strategy, market screening and follow-up of a tender/procurement process
- Project cost analysis and budget estimates
You are the perfect candidate for us if:
- You are a qualified civil or industrial engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience (or an equivalent amount of enthusiasm)
- Expertise with renewables or marine construction is considered as a plus
- Strong analytical mindset and affinity with data
- A good business aptitude and can differentiate key success factors from details
- Pro-active, well-organized and a problem-solver
- Able to work independently but are also a strong team player
- Flexible and positive attitude and are immune to stress
- Fluent in spoken and written English, knowledge of Dutch is an asset
- Knowledge of data tools like PowerBI, Python, etc. is considered a plus
We offer you…
- A team of driven and motivated colleagues. We encourage the team spirit by organizing different team events during the year.
- A challenging & dynamic work environment in the offshore wind energy business with a daily fresh breath of sea breeze
- A growing and knowledge-driven organization where respect, positivity and quality are our Otary values
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary package, inclusive extralegal benefits and support in your personal training and development needs
- The possibility to work from home
Are you interested in this vacancy or do you know someone who is the right fit for the job?
- Make sure to send your CV + motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org