You will become part of a small, agile and innovative company at the forefront of offshore wind development in Belgium, driving the development of sustainable energy to create a greener future and making a significant impact in the transition to renewable energy.
Otary is a partnership of eight Belgian renewable energy companies. As a Belgian pioneer we develop, finance, build and manage offshore wind farms, with a strong focus on innovation. Otary is responsible for Rentel & SeaMade which are both fully operational and good for a total capacity of around 800 MW and is actively working on a new 3.5 GW development zone in the Belgian North Sea.
To strengthen our team in Ostend, we are looking for an:
Asset Expert WTG
As an Asset Expert WTG you are responsible for optimal and cost efficient operations and maintenance of the windturbines on the Rentel, Mermaid and Seastar (ref. SeaMade) offshore windfarms. You act as a sparring partner to the Asset Lead in order to ensure compliance with permit conditions, legal and safety requirements as well as works being performed as per the O&M manual. In close cooperation with our long-term WTG (wind-turbine-generator) service contractor you will guarantee the continuity of the production and maintenance processes with a pro-active approach to ensure safety, legal and permit requirements are met as well as revenue loss limited and the lifetime of the turbines extended to the maximum possible.
- You act as a sparring partner to our Asset Lead in the context of maintenance activities on the wind farm in order to provide optimal availability and production that meets quality requirements, taking into account the organisation's QHSE guidelines within the set deadlines and budget. Ensure lessons learnt are captured and be involved in optimizing the WTG asset strategy if and when needed
- Ensure compliance with legal and company-specific regulations on the environment, safety and quality, both by the own employees and by contractors, in close collaboration with the QHSE manager and installation responsible, in order to guarantee that the work proceeds safe and legitimately
- Be co-responsible with the Asset Lead for managing the WTG service contract, monitor the contractual agreements/KPI’s, challenge in case of deviations and ensure closure of observations/actions. Lead the weekly meeting with contractor(s) and materialize improvement paths to increase performance
- Identify and analyze the (possible) alarms, outages and defects, both in the short and long term, of the assets within the WTG work center
- Relevant knowledge of bearing installation, maintenance and monitoring
- Perform elaborated data assessments of operational trends, turbine performance on both park as individual level and manage data-analytics tools on a pro-active basis to raise both corrective needs, potential defects as room for optimizations on both operational as maintenance aspects. This implies a wide range of assessments, also in cooperation with the business support team, such as power curve verifications, PQ assessments, blade inspections, etc
- Prepare works ranging from small- to large-scale projects and lead inspection campaigns. Draft, adapt and/or reassess the work instructions, procedures and risk analyses in order to carry out the work. List, plan the budget and purchase the required materials. Draft in cooperation with the WTG Asset Lead the plan of action for emergency situations within your work centre (repair readiness), including the maintenance and management of the related spare parts
- Continuously develop the own professional knowledge and remain up-to-date regarding practices and trends within the field in order to act as an internal specialist in the field and optimally apply this knowledge within the organization
You are the perfect candidate for us if:
- You have a master degree in (Electro-) Mechanical Engineering and at least 5 years experience
- Experience in working with long-term service contracts is a plus
- Possessing knowledge of data tools like PowerBI, Python, etc., is considered as an advantage. Additionally, having experience in big data processing is beneficial.
- As you will occasionally go offshore, flexibility (in both ways) will be a part of your function
- You have the ability to manage your own workload and meet demanding timescales
- You are fluent in English, dutch is a plus
- You are able to come up with innovative ideas and solutions to optimize existing processes.
- You can make decisions based on (in)complete information and initiate the necessary steps to implement decisions
- You can guide internal/external people by giving clear instructions and advise others with your credibility and expertise.
- You keep your knowledge up-to-date and follow the latest trends and developments in this fast-changing environment
- We offer you…
- A team of driven and motivated colleagues. We encourage the team spirit by organizing different team events during the year.
- A challenging & dynamic work environment in the offshore wind energy business with a daily fresh breath of sea breeze
- A growing and knowledge-driven organization where respect, positivity and quality are our Otary values
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary package, inclusive extralegal benefits and support in your personal training and development needs
- The possibility to work from home
Are you interested in this vacancy or do you know someone who is the right fit for the job?
- Make sure to send your CV + motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org